Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wish: Simple hobbit girl meeting the Rangers

Rate:

You might know Brassica from her stories publishes on Casual Stroll to Mordor. This cute and courageous hobbit lass already has a lot of fans, and her journey has just begun! Her travels brought her to Evendim where she is meeting a lot of Rangers, and so far didn't have a proper battle garb suitable for the circumstances. Beldrieth, who is telling Brassica's stories, revealed: "This is the first time Brassica's even thought about something like armour, she an innkeeper's daughter, who hasn't ever dressed for any real adventuring."

This is how Brassica dreamed up her outfit:

  • simple and practical (nothing too fancy),
  • nothing too heavy - she just can't carry much weight and as a warden, she prefers to be quick and hard to hit,
  • something to honour the Rangers she's met in Evendim who gave her a lot of support (and some armour too!),
  • she wanted to avoid high-end raiding pieces, otherwise she was willing to do a lot of effort to collect parts of her armour.

To fit into Brassica's role-play, I checked her bio and sent Beldrieth three designs which I thought would suit her:

 

The simplest of the three outfits - here I used dark shades of Evendim blue (to reflect Brassica's Oatbarton heritage) and typical ranger hood & cloak. The chest piece is Inn League Tunic and Pants, so it could also be interpreted as her heritage as inn keeper's daughter. Beldrieth was so enthusiastic about it that I have to quote her e-mail, because it made me really happy :)
"As a proud Sage of Fine Spirits myself, I love the Inn League angle. It hadn't occurred to me to make that connection for her, but it's a wonderful thought. I don't know if it quite fits what I had thought of in terms of her armour needs, but now I know that Brassica is a badge bearing, card-carrying, member of the Inn League."


This outfit includes very pastel green colours, similar to what Brassica wore before. It looks the heaviest out of the three designs, however, it can certainly keep her well protected.


And finally, Beldriet's winner. I designed this as a distinguishable warden outfit, where Ranger element is represented only by the shoulder piece with typical star. Beldriet said about her choice: "I think this outfit is just perfect, looking at it from the standpoint of putting together a story to go with it, it looks like she was given a mail shirt that's entirely too big for her, and a leather hauberk that's needed to be tightened with a variety of straps and buckles in order to fit properly, and the shoulder piece is just the perfect little nod to the Rangers." And she said I've hit the nail on the head - this made the hobbit inside me proud! :))

And here comes the result!

This outfit consists of:
Chest: Scout's Weathered Leather Jacket, olive dye (Dunland quest)
Shoulders: Fine Grey Company Wrap, olive dye (Quest: Volume III, Book 5, Chapter 1: Separate Ways)
Hands: Resilient Westfold Combat Gauntlets, olive dye (T7 crafted)
Back: Warden's Pack, olive dye (Outfitter vendor)
What do you think about the outfit? Please let us know! And don't forget to visit Brassica's blog to read about her adventures! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm tempted to use that jacket (different theme and colors, though) for my little Hobbit Warden now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it too! - might *coughcopycough* erm adapt for one of my characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit was absolutely adorable!
    Taz may just have to wear it too.. If I can wiggle the armour onto him. He is quite the child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and capable looking hobbit! Hard to pull off that combo!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...