Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspiration: Boromir

Rate:

"...He violently fights with forwarding orcs, blows his horn hoping the others will come to his rescue … but all in vain. Boromir dies heroically. Aragorn finds him sitting with his back to a great tree, as if he was resting. But Aragorn saw that he was pierced with many black-feathered arrows; his sword was still in his hand, but it was broken near the hilt; his horn cloven in two was at his side. Many Orcs lay slain, piled all about him and at his feet."


Boromir, Commander of Gondor, was man of many faces. We have known him at his best and his worst. However, we all remember him as a great warrior who's died in honourable death, saving the hobbits and subsequentially the whole Middle-earth. All the other is past, wrong deeds were redeemed. Celebrate Boromir's victory of a true Champion, a victory over himself!

Note: I used the shoulders despite the awful clipping this hauberk causes. I chose to accept it as torn cloth, bearing signs of a fierce fight.

Chest: Sellsword's Hauberk, black dye (Store)
Shoulders: Shoulders of the Eorlingas, default dye (Isengard pre-order)
Hands: Gloves of the Helmingas, default dye (Isengard pre-order)
Feet: Boots of the Helmingas, default dye (Isengard pre-order)
Back: Plain Cloak, black dye (Outfitter vendor)

14 comments:

  1. I will be ripping this costume off (imitation is the highest flattery, right?) post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A splendid likeness. I might make a new character to replicate this.

    I have a great and abiding affection for Boromir, with all his flaws. On part *because* of his flaws - to borrow a phrase from another pantheon of geek icons, "Of all the souls we encountered in our travels, his was the most human."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Although...clipping kills it for me.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accepting the clipping as "torn cloth" made me laugh. Good solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i am shocked by the success of this outfit! i'm happy you like it guys :)

    i have a deep sympathy for boromir. i haven't cried on a movie since lassie :D, but the scene with boromir's death almost made me shed a tear. he is truly a signifact figure, both in books and movies.

    about the clipping - i was totally disappointed by the sellsword's hauberk clipping issues. it clips literally with EVERY shoulder pads i found (and i was planning to use some nice dark red ones, to get even closed to the boromir's movie picture). but i found the worst clipping was for isengard shoulders, so bad it could even be used as an excuse = torn cloth :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should set a new trend here: "Torn outfits: find your worst clipping cosmetics!". It all makes sense now. It was always WAI (Working As Intended) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep, actually if i found e.g. boots that would cause "torn clipping" effect on the bottom of this hauberk, it would make my day :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway, applause for Stormwaltz & Khan reference :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very nice outfit I like Boromir so I adopted this outfit for my champion but I changed it a bit. I used Plain Hauberk (black dye) and didn't use that torn shoulders. I've also used olive dye to the cloak. I enjoy it very much and I would like to thank you for inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yey i'm happy my outfit served you as an inspiration! if you'll have any nice pictures of your champion, feel free to post them - you're version of boromir seems to be much more easily acquirable and even closer to the original :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you :-) I took some pictures of my champ and here they are: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/screenshot00131x.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/screenshot00132.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/screenshot00133g.jpg/
    I've just added crimson dyied shoulders to even better look. Hope you will like it. (shoulders can be bought from medium armor vendor in thorins halls)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for all the readers seeking for variations as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. replica bags china free shipping click to find out more s0w67i0m54 replica bags wholesale mumbai replica bags koh samui visit site t5p14h8o69 replica bags chicago Discover More Here p7m29l1r91 replica ysl handbags replica bags by joy

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...